Drop off and Pick Up for Boarding is on
Saturday and Sunday
7:30am - 8:30am
4:30pm - 5:30pm
REQUIREMENTS FOR BOARDING:
- Must pass Daycare Assessment and Evaluation Day
- Current and Up to Date Profile/Application on each dog on file
- Dogs must be at least 3 months old.
- Dogs over 6 months old must be altered.
- Vaccinations: Dogs must be current on DHPP and Rabies, plus Bordetella every 6 months.(If your dog hasn't had a Bordetella vaccination in over a year, it should be given at least 14 days prior to check-in to provide maximum protection. ALL vaccines must be given by a licensed vet. At home vaccines will not be accepted.)
**If your veterinarian has recommended other vaccination protocols for your pet for health reasons, we will accept a letter from your veterinarian or titers. Your pet cannot be checked in without proof of vaccinations.
- All pets must be in good health and free from communicable disease for the previous 30 days.
- All pets must be free of all parasites including fleas and ticks, and intestinal worms. If your pet has fleas and ticks at time of check-in, they will be bathed at owner's expense and/or may be turned away.
Every daycare kid needs to be pre-screened to help ensure their health and temperament. We do not discriminate based on breed. If your dog plays nicely with other dogs and enjoys the company of canine friends, this is the place to be! Assessments and an evaluation day are conducted on each and every dog to ensure they will fit in with our group. Once you contact us to schedule an assessment, we will send you our Daycare/Boarding Application. To make this easy for our clients, the application is online, and easy to fill out from your pc, tablet or phone. Once the application is received and looked over, we will contact you via your preferred method chosen on the application. If you were unable to attach the necessary forms to the application, please be sure to bring copies of them with you at the time of the assessment appointment. Without proof of vaccinations, health and age required surgeries, we cannot allow your furkid to interact with our Daycare Pack.
Our assessment is by appointment only and takes about 15-20 minutes to complete. Once they have passed this preliminary assessment, your dog must pass an evaluation day of daycare - one full day when we can contact you if they aren't having a good time.
Dogs that are not suitable for daycare play are still welcome to board at Barking Mad, but they will not be able to join group play. Instead, they will be taken out for individual exercise, play time and potty breaks at least 6 times a day. There is no additional cost for this. If they are better with less dogs and smaller groups, we can easily include them in smaller daycare group play sessions.
To make boarding easier, and less stressful on your furkid, we suggest bringing bedding, old clothing of yours, and other small familiar items that would make their stay and transition a bit easier. To lessen stomach upset, we also prefer and suggest that you bring their current food. Either have it already measured out in bags for them, or leave detail instructions on how much, and when they normally eat. Also be sure to bring any and all medications, with dosing instructions. Please note: We are not responsible for lost or destroyed items